frequently asked questions
All registrations are made on-line. Registration takes no more than five minutes and you will receive immediate confirmation by email. After creating your account (or logging in with your time to profile), there is just one form to complete and payment to be made (securely of course).
The race is open to everyone, including riders without a competitive cycling permit, on the condition that they are 18 or over in 2020. So that everyone can enjoy the best race conditions, all participants will be ranked according to their level of ability when the race numbers are allocated.
Your age group category is determined by your year of birth.
On L’Etape Indonesia by Tour de France 2020, age group categories are the following:
|Age group category||Age*||Birth year|
|M1 / W1||18 – 34||1986 – 2002|
|M2 / W2||35 – 39||1981 – 1985|
|M3 / W3||40 – 44||1976 – 1980|
|M4 / W4||45 – 49||1971 – 1975|
|M5 / W5||50 – 54||1966 – 1970|
|M6 / W6||55 – 59||1961 – 1965|
|M7 / W7||60 – 64||1956 – 1960|
|M8 / W8||65 – 69||1951 – 1955|
|M9 / W9||70 and +||1950 and before|
(*rider’s age on December 31st of the respective year)
One Race Pack Collection for the L’Etape Indonesia, which includes:
- Your personalised race number ;
- An electronic timing chip stuck to the front number plate ;
- The Welcome Bag which include Participation Jersey and Wristband ;
- Bike deposits are available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 7pm at the entrance to the Village, where you can leave your bikes in a secure area at the times indicated;
During the race
- Medical assistance throughout the race. Necessary information will be provided on your road map;
- Both stationary and mobile mechanical assistance will be provided free of charge by our partner. (parts must be paid for), including at the feeding stations ;
- Access to the feeding stations during the race ;
- If you have to withdraw from the race, we will provide transport to the finish line ;
After the race
- A finishers’ medal ;
- Access to the Finish Village, activities and entertainment, toilets, podium and big screen ;
- Access to the Pasta Party where participants can get together around a hot meal to share their experience of the race ;
- Your results will be available here (link result).
Once you have finished the registration process, you will receive two emails: one confirming your registration for the event, the other to confirm your payment. In addition, a tab with the name of the event will appear on your personal https://www.roctix.com/letape-indonesia .
Race numbers, plates and timing systems (chips or transponders) will be provided upon presentation of:
- Your convocation with the QR code (received by email and available on your personal account on time to);
- Your proof of identity;
Race numbers will be sent out a few weeks before the event and will be distributed according to the sporting information we have been given. An email will be sent to you to remind you to download the document containing these numbers.
All road bikes are accepted apart from electric bikes. Recumbent bikes and handlebar extensions are not allowed.
Rigid helmets must be worn. The wearing of helmets (with the chin strap fastened) is mandatory at all times on the route. Any participant not wearing a helmet will be disqualified.
Yes, during the race you should have : helmet, can, repair kit with 2 tubes and a pump to deal with punctures.
The race will be timed and will give rise to several rankings:
- A scratch ranking ;
- A real ranking ;
- A real ranking by category
The route will be closed to traffic throughout your race, in the same way as the Tour de France’s professional riders. However a time limit will be established in order to organise the re-opening of the route. Beyond this time limit, the route will be open to traffic again.
The time schedule allows the closing of the route to be scheduled and those disqualified on L’Etape Indonesia to be managed. These disqualifications are based on split times defined for each area crossed. These times are negotiated with the area of each of the departments crossed and the departments of the Dishub. The strict application of these times (re-opening of the roads to traffic) is the key consideration if we want to continue to take advantage of a route that is completely closed for this race.
You may be disqualified throughout the route. The “time schedule car” precisely follows the time schedule. Any rider who is overtaken by this car (equipped with a stopwatch), anywhere on the route will be considered as no longer in the race.
The “End of the Race” will be indicated by several of the organisation’s vehicles. If you are disqualified, you will be asked to take a diversion or go to one of the repatriation areas where you will be picked up by buses/trucks which will take you and your bike back to the finish village. Bicycles will be placed in the trucks and handed back to riders at the finish village upon presentation of race numbers.